MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: checking version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day guys. Im newbie on mybb . Just read it today and try to set-up on my server. Can you help me with this error "Warning [2] curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons - Line: 5608 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux) ". This was happen when I tried to click version check and browse themes under templates and style tab. Thank so much guys. more power!!!

And also I can't install a themes. I've tried both method import from local files or url got this message

"The following errors were encountered:

Could not open the local file. Does it exist? Please check and try again."
You've to ask your host to enable CURL in your hosting.

For the other issue, make sure you're importing .xml file and NOt .zip file.
thank you so much sir. by the way where I can find my main forum directory?
Your main forum directory will be specified in:
AdminCP > Board Settings > General Configuration > Board URL
(2012-07-07, 01:23 PM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]Your main forum directory will be specified in:

I did that sir but there's no link about the location of my main forum.
(2012-07-07, 01:23 PM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]Your main forum directory will be specified in:

The Board URL is the URL to the board, not the main forum (root) directory.

OP, the main forum directory is where you uploaded MyBB to.
I try to download and install themes but it seems only the styling or css is only updated. The content like the background did'nt change that's why im asking where I can find my main forum to upload the images need on the installed theme. thanks
As I said, the main forum directory is where you uploaded MyBB to. Where index.php, showthread.php, forumdisplay.php, etc.. are.