MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcements bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed when I posted an announcement to a paticular set of forums globally, the announcement is not showing in the first two forum of that area, but it is showing in all the others.
Are there any other announcements in the forums it is not showing in?
No Chris, the rest are working, here's some screenshots from my admin to forum display
What is your announcement depth set at under Settings > Forum Display Options > Announcements Limit?

Can you go to one of the forums it is not appearing in, then click "[advanced details]" in the footer and paste for me the query which looks similar to the following:
Quote: SELECT a.*, u.username FROM announcements a LEFT JOIN users u ON u.uid=a.uid WHERE a.startdate<='1157854052' AND (a.enddate>='1157854052' OR a.enddate='0') AND ((fid='3' OR fid='18') OR fid='-1') ORDER BY a.startdate DESC LIMIT 0, 2

Regards,
Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:What is your announcement depth set at under Settings > Forum Display Options > Announcements Limit?

Can you go to one of the forums it is not appearing in, then click "[advanced details]" in the footer and paste for me the query which looks similar to the following:
Quote: SELECT a.*, u.username FROM announcements a LEFT JOIN users u ON u.uid=a.uid WHERE a.startdate<='1157854052' AND (a.enddate>='1157854052' OR a.enddate='0') AND ((fid='3' OR fid='18') OR fid='-1') ORDER BY a.startdate DESC LIMIT 0, 2

Regards,
Chris

Announcements limit is set to "0" for unlimited
Here's the query you requested
SELECT a.*, u.username FROM mybb_announcements a LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON u.uid=a.uid WHERE a.startdate<='1157854413' AND (a.enddate>='1157854413' OR a.enddate='0') AND ((fid='1' OR fid='16') OR fid='-1') ORDER BY a.startdate DESC
hi !
(sorry for my bad english)

I have got a same problem. I have 2 announcements :

- global => display ok on all forums.
- only on 3 forums => bad. it not display on this 3 forums.

my Settings > Forum Display Options > Announcements Limit is 3. I try 10 but it's same thing.
Chris, I never sent you the information you requested to find this bug. If you could PM me and tell me what you need again I'd be happy to provide it. Smile
Can you pm me admin access to your forums along with ftp information so I can do some debugging.
jaja Wrote:hi !
(sorry for my bad english)

I have got a same problem. I have 2 announcements :

- global => display ok on all forums.
- only on 3 forums => bad. it not display on this 3 forums.

my Settings > Forum Display Options > Announcements Limit is 3. I try 10 but it's same thing.

re

for me, I have got this problem only in imported IBP forum. for new forum, it's ok Smile
Try updating those forums by going to Admin CP -> Forum Management -> Manage Forums -> *the forum* -> edit -> Update forum
The developers, can't do anything about a buggy converter.
Pages: 1 2