MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replacing buttons with my own images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, great piece of forum software. I've found it remarkably easy to reskin, after spending hours of frustration with Another Piece Of Forum Software That Shall Not Be Named.

But how do I replace the button images for stuff like "New Thread" and "Reply" and suchlike?

Do they come as part of the theme, or do I replace the images in images/english?

Wouldn't this then change the buttons across all themes? If so, no biggy, as I'll probably only be using the one theme anyway. Just wondered if this was the correct thing to do.
Replacing images from the theme's images/english/ folder only effect the theme from where they've been removed. No effect to any other theme.
Different themes usually have different images folder.

The default theme's images is located at ./images/. If you replace the images in ./images/english it will only affect the default theme (unless some other theme uses the default images as well). If you were to change the buttons in the Apart Flame theme you would have to replace the images in ./images/flame/english.
Right. Got it. Thanks for the help, guys.
I just saw this post. How would one go about replacing the buttons for themes that aren't uloaded to the file manager but made using the Theme component in the AC panel. Is this possible at all?
Thank you.
Quote:The default theme's images is located at ./images/. If you replace the images in ./images/english it will only affect the default theme (unless some other theme uses the default images as well). If you were to change the buttons in the Apart Flame theme you would have to replace the images in ./images/flame/english.
Say I had a theme called Coffee. If I made a folder in ./images/coffee/english
and uploaded the buttons for it there they would be on that theme?