MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBcode in Threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I’m using Yaldaram’s Thread Hover plugin to put some text from Posts directly in the Thread List page (not as a hover). I’m also using SamC’s SCEditor to format text in posts but the text that appears in the Thread List page shows the coding like this . . . [align=center]Hello World[color=#ff3333][size=6] . . . which is very hard to read. Is there any way to either show the formatted code in Threads or have it removed? The search results from the Threads page doesn’t show the BBCode or formatting. Would appreciate any advice.

ETA - Have noticed that this page shows the code formatted (but not "unclosed" tags of course).
Do you mean you want to get some kind of "preview" from the thread?

Something like this?:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=267
(2012-07-08, 02:37 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean you want to get some kind of "preview" from the thread?

Something like this?:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=267
Exactly. Is there another way to do this?

The problem isn't getting the text in Threads, it's getting it to not show BBCode.
The thing is how the plugin will works. The only solutions I know is either installing the mentioned plugin and droping the current you use or using Template Conditionals with the plugin you use plugin.

The plugin i posted already removes bbcodes. Can you share Yaldaram plugin?
(2012-07-08, 03:12 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The thing is how the plugin will works. The only solutions I know is either installing the mentioned plugin and droping the current you use or using Template Conditionals with the plugin you use plugin.

The plugin i posted already removes bbcodes. Can you share Yaldaram plugin?
Thanks - Will try it

Sorry but Yaldarams plugin is only available to his "Premium" members so it wouldn't be appropriate for me to share it. Premium membership is worth the small $ cost - http://yaldaram.com/forum-60.html
That is what I though. The only possible way will be dropping it and using the one I posted, or installing Template Conditionals plugin and some other tricks after that.
This is because the BbCodes haven't the "closing" tags like [/size][/color].

On settings page of the plugin, increase the value of "Hover_Length"
(2012-07-08, 04:18 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]This is because the BbCodes haven't the "closing" tags like [/size][/color].

On settings page of the plugin, increase the value of "Hover_Length"
Even when they're closed within the text shown they still show as the raw code.
Please post your website's URL and any testing account.
(2012-07-08, 04:49 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Please post your website's URL and any testing account.
You asked me to do the same thing on your site but as I explained there my site isn't online as yet (using XAMMP). Are you saying that your plugin shouldn't show the raw BBCode?
Pages: 1 2