MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just saying.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
First two pages of the showcase section:

1) http://i.imgur.com/jLTlE.png
2) http://i.imgur.com/Ai7C2.png

Can someone please explain the obsession with gaming forums?
MyBB is free which makes it attractive to younger users. Inevitably young users with enough interest in technology to make a forum also really like video games, generally. And as I wrote in my article, people instinctively want to build communities around their primary interests.

It also seems like an easy topic to breach since its so mainstream and there is so much to talk about. Of course, it doesn't work out like that.
Thing is a LOT of these users making these gaming forums aren't young at all. I understand the rest, but isn't it the same on all platforms?
I think MyBB had in general a less sophisticated userbase. Hell you need an engineering degree to do anything useful with phpBB.
My forum is only really used for discussing things about our minecraft server but anyway I think people are seeing other popular gaming forums and as brad-t said they come to mybb because its free and easy to use
(2012-07-08, 03:51 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I think MyBB had in general a less sophisticated userbase. Hell you need an engineering degree to do anything useful with phpBB.

Lmao so true.

(2012-07-08, 03:51 AM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]My forum is only really used for discussing things about our minecraft server but anyway I think people are seeing other popular gaming forums and as brad-t said they come to mybb because its free and easy to use

Yeah I only highlighted the game in yours, not the whole thing. I think gaming forums on one specific game is fine since you're at least targeting a smaller niche which makes it a bit easier to crack. Plus if you have your own server then that's a big bonus.

It does fascinate me though, I wish MyBB could sticky an advice thread in the showcase section and have the MyCode [seeadvice]. Sad
(2012-07-08, 03:54 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-08, 03:51 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I think MyBB had in general a less sophisticated userbase. Hell you need an engineering degree to do anything useful with phpBB.

Lmao so true.

(2012-07-08, 03:51 AM)JamieJackson Wrote: [ -> ]My forum is only really used for discussing things about our minecraft server but anyway I think people are seeing other popular gaming forums and as brad-t said they come to mybb because its free and easy to use

Yeah I only highlighted the game in yours, not the whole thing. I think gaming forums on one specific game is fine since you're at least targeting a smaller niche which makes it a bit easier to crack. Plus if you have your own server then that's a big bonus.

It does fascinate me though, I wish MyBB could sticky an advice thread in the showcase section and have the MyCode [seeadvice]. Sad

That would be good like a spoiler I guess? And yeh there needs to be advice on giving and listening to feedback because tbh most threads just turn into arguments D:
Thanks MyBB Staff that they didn't allowed Hacking related forums to showcase otherwise you'll see 60% hacking sites showcased there :s
(2012-07-08, 04:03 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks MyBB Staff that they didn't allowed Hacking related forums to showcase otherwise you'll see 60% hacking sites showcased there :s

Yeah I've noticed that allot of hacking forums use mybb I'm glad their not allowed here tho
I wouldn't mind them if at least 80% of them were in some way unique (like NintenFriends, for example). I would suggest a sub-section for gaming forums, sometimes it's annoying to enter the showcase section, but then again... This would give them even more attention.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5