MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help creating rainbow usernames on 1.6.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Basically my problem is we had rainbow usernames on our forum before we upgraded to 1.6.8. We want the V.I.P usergroup to be rainbow but after the update we get an error in the usergroup saying no script is allowed in username style. I was wondering how to make a rainbow username without using script.

I am also a member of another forum www.mylobbies.com and they have somehow bypassed it for both the text in the menu bar and also the gold member usergroup. Can anyone tell me how they were able to do it?
Edit the usergroup via phpmyadmin in the table mybb_usergroups you might want to edit the structure first to allow more space in the username style field
bump im still stuck. I found the tutorial and he said he used this code in the header include

(function ($) {
$(function () {
$(".rainbowText").each(function(i, b){$(b).rainbowText()});
}

);

})(jQuery);

But when you do that you get a security error so i was wondering how to convert it to <script> tags
can anyone help me with this
If you can't add <script> tags in username style, you could always edit the usergroup's style via phpmyadmin or whatever database manager you use. This would bypass the security error.
i tried that and it still doesn't work.
What doesn't work?
when i edit the username style in phpmyadmin it still doesn't go rainbow
There's a problem with the code your using then
Could you provide a forum url to your forum please?
Pages: 1 2 3