MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Awaiting approval post handling changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to propose some changes to "Awaiting Approval" post handling.

1. When a user's post is awaiting approval, they should still be able to see the post. It should display a message that the post is currently under review. Countless users make the same new thread multiple times because they have no way of seeing that we are reviewing their post.
  2. That means it should also show up in the new thread listing and searches for that user, with an icon or prefix to communicate that it is under review.
  3. During the review period, users should be able to continue to edit their post. (Option?)
  4. An option to send a user a PM when their under-review post is approved.
A option to send a PM could fill the PM box quickly (reason for most users wanting "my alerts" kind of plugins). In my case, I make a automatic "bump" after approving, that way the thread goes to the top, no sure about post.

For about the rest, yes please. Thinking, couldn't this already be possible with a plugins? ... will check..
i have commented about this before. i think it would be much better to let the author see their pending posts, as well as edit them while pending.
I agree with everything.
Well I can do without Pming or it should be optional at least. Depending on how you use it PM could be inappropriate
I hate you brad-t.

#1 - 3 could be accomplished by just allowing them to view the pre-approved thread just as moderators do.
Can I get a badge like your developer one that says "Nuisance"?
Of course. Not.

Maybe one that says "I-have-really-good-ideas-but-makes-Tom's-life-all-work-and-no-play".
Users can already edit unapproved posts, can't they? If you yo directly to editpost.php?pid=xx

Or is it just my board...
(2012-07-09, 03:08 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Users can already edit unapproved posts, can't they? If you yo directly to editpost.php?pid=xx

I think I reported that as bug along with them having the ability to delete their unapproved posts.
Pages: 1 2