MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Have entire group moderated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm probably missing the obvious, but is there any way to set the Registered group to have all posts moderated?

The only way I can see to do this is in the individual forum permissions and I don't want to go through all of that. It would be easier and less work to make an entire group's initial postings moderated until they can be moved to full access.

I can't seem to find this setting in the groups, if it's there at all.
This is the plugin I created yesterday: http://yaldaram.com/thread-5077.html Smile
I'm surprised this is not part of the core software.

Yaldaram, I don't understand how this plugin works.

Quote:Description:
Allows you to moderate selective usergroup's posts/threads. This plugin will unapprove all those usergroup's posts/threads automatically. This is global option means it works in all forums.

Why does it automatically unapprove threads? I want my moderators to have this power, not the fact they are in a group. The whole point is to have my mods moderate a thread or post and approve the user and move them to full access or not.

Quote:Features:
A checkbox will appear after Installation named "Can hide themselves ?" on each usergroup editing page > Forums and Posts tab.

What does this mean? Who is hiding themselves? Why?
What is the "editing page"?
You may create two usergroups. Give both of them the same rights/permissions. Moderate one usergroup's posts/threads using this plugin. And after verifying move the user to second usergroup.

(2012-07-08, 06:48 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]What does this mean?

(2012-07-08, 06:48 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]What is the "editing page"?

Please see the screenshots for more better understanding.
Yes, I did look at the screen shots. That's why I'm still not understanding.

I don't see an "editing page" in your screen shots.

I see the settings in the ACP > Groups
I see a SS of a forum where one post is marked as needing moderation.
What is being edited? WHERE are these 'edits' taking place?
(2012-07-08, 07:05 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see an "editing page" in your screen shots.
By editing page, it refers to the page when you "edit usergroup". Users and Groups > Groups > Edit Usergroup.

(2012-07-08, 07:05 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]What is being edited? WHERE are these 'edits' taking place?
What ??