MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: theme is messed up after restoring a backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm testing my backups to make sure they're good to go when I noticed that after restoring the database with a backup I just made, the site acts as if the theme isn't even there.

this is a 100% new install, with the exception of using the database from a live site that was backed up rather than a fresh database.

this is what I did:

1) upload mybb files
2) create new db for the new install
3) proceed with the normal install
4) after the install was complete, I dropped all the tables that mybb inserted with the new install and imported the backup I made from the live site
5) when the import was done, I modified the config.php to reflect the new site's cookie information and etc.

here a link to the test site (it's using the default mybb theme):
http://andrewshemo.com/testforum2/index.php

and a brief screenshot:
[attachment=26774]

what's going on here?
Upload that theme's images folder. It seems like that's what is missing.
(2012-07-09, 04:19 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Upload that theme's images folder. It seems like that's what is missing.

the new site (the one I linked to), is using the default mybb theme.
Oh, your missing the default theme's global.css as well as shavenook420.png
Upload those and you'll be good to go.
(2012-07-09, 07:11 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, your missing the default theme's global.css as well as shavenook420.png
Upload those and you'll be good to go.

the global.css exists.

like I said, this is a 100% clean install with nothing changed other than using a backup from my live site rather than using a new database.
Check that it has the proper file permissions on it and that it's not blank (sometimes this happens) because Chrome is reporting those two files are missing.
(2012-07-09, 10:04 PM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Check that it has the proper file permissions on it and that it's not blank (sometimes this happens) because Chrome is reporting those two files are missing.

simple blue is the default mybb theme.

[attachment=26790]

[attachment=26791]
A simple right click then reload should do the fix.
Save each style sheet again.
(2012-07-10, 03:22 AM)Dollarâ„¢ Wrote: [ -> ]A simple right click then reload should do the fix.

interesting..now it's working.

did me going into the global.css file make it somehow work again?!?!

also, I'm curious: why is a backup directly from mybb larger than a mysql dump on the database being used for the forum?
Pages: 1 2