MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Robot text file.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was viewing this thread and I want to know what exactly is a robot text file and how do I get the ones from Google SEO?

Sorry I didn't want to interfere in someone elses thread that's why I created this.
this isnt support for mybb, google has plenty of answers, use it
(2012-07-10, 02:45 AM)TMGFX Wrote: [ -> ]this isnt support for mybb, google has plenty of answers, use it

Damn, Thanks anyways. Big Grin
Having a robots file on web server simply means your telling search engines that they are welcome.

Simple terms : its like putting a welcome mat outside your house..

Just add below things to a notepad and name it as robots and place it on your web server and your done

User-agent: *
Disallow:
(2012-07-10, 09:20 PM)vikesh Wrote: [ -> ]Having a robots file on web server simply means your telling search engines that they are welcome.

Simple terms : its like putting a welcome mat outside your house..

Just add below things to a notepad and name it as robots and place it on your web server and your done

User-agent: *
Disallow:

Thanks so I just put the code below in a notepad and upload it? I don't need to add something or edit it?

Quote:User-agent: *
Disallow:
Yes. All robots (indicated by "*") are instructed to index all your pages as nothing is being disallowed.
Thanks for answering my questions guys.