MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The changes I make in my index template are not showing on my Home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed a new theme on my forum and made all the necessary changes in the templates which were working fine and also updating on my site.

But today, I found that the changes I am making in my index template are not updating on my Home page. Even if I completely empty the index page template, it is still showing the Home Page with the last edit that I performed.

All other template changes are working fine, except the index page template.
May be either of these reasons;

- Possibly the browser's cache issue. Delete its cookies and clear its cache. Make a hard refresh CTRL + F5

- Or may be you're editing wrong template set.
Try reverting template back to original until it stops showing text in blue (which means it is not the original), then apply your edits.
(2012-07-11, 05:29 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]May be either of these reasons;

- Possibly the browser's cache issue. Delete its cookies and clear its cache. Make a hard refresh CTRL + F5

- Or may be you're editing wrong template set.

1st Reason - It was the same for every user, so not user-specific problem
2nd Reason - As I told every other template change was showing up, but change in index template doesn't i.e. I was editing the correct template set.

(2012-07-11, 05:42 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Try reverting template back to original until it stops showing text in blue (which means it is not the original), then apply your edits.

Yes, this one really worked, so reps for u.

But, I have to edit my index template quite frequently. So, do I have to do this everytime to make the edits visible on my homepage???
(2012-07-11, 03:16 PM)brianmccoy Wrote: [ -> ]But, I have to edit my index template quite frequently. So, do I have to do this everytime to make the edits visible on my homepage???

No, you should not have to do it every time, you should be able to just edit the index template next time.