MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stealing someone's suggestion - No e-currency "paid" jobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-07-12, 08:01 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]Seeing the way the admins post jobs for forum currency this past few weeks, I completely agree. We need some guidelines in place to check the flow of fatuity around that section.

Exactly, there should be a rule for them because it's simply wrong to do.
Although reporting the threads already there with the issue doesn't seem to do anything, which I find quite bad.
I don't understand what the big deal is? I mean paid is paid..

you can buy really legit stuff with forum currency such as..

Super Duper Double Secret Special VIP
I'm liking that thread prefixes idea that brad suggested tbh.
(2012-07-12, 11:11 AM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand what the big deal is? I mean paid is paid..

you can buy really legit stuff with forum currency such as..

Super Duper Double Secret Special VIP

My personal currency, JJ Points, can be traded at a 500:1 ratio for Super JJ Points.
And 500 Super JJ Points get you 1 point on your next test, correct?
(2012-07-12, 02:57 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I'm liking that thread prefixes idea that brad suggested tbh.

What exactly is going to stop these types of threads even using the prefix [Paid]?
(2012-07-12, 05:26 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-12, 02:57 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I'm liking that thread prefixes idea that brad suggested tbh.

What exactly is going to stop these types of threads even using the prefix [Paid]?

Banning users for doing so.

EDIT: Maybe just warning them.
(2012-07-12, 05:53 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-12, 05:26 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Banning users for doing so.

EDIT: Maybe just warning them.

Or revoking their posting privileges in jobs/showcase forum Big Grin ?
That would surely motivate some people to think clearly.
(2012-07-12, 05:26 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly is going to stop these types of threads even using the prefix [Paid]?

Obviously the rule I'm suggesting in the OP would need to be in place for those prefixes to work. That rule being no threads advertising a paying job when you're using your forum currency as payment.
(2012-07-12, 08:32 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-12, 05:26 PM)Jag100 Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly is going to stop these types of threads even using the prefix [Paid]?

Obviously the rule I'm suggesting in the OP would need to be in place for those prefixes to work. That rule being no threads advertising a paying job when you're using your forum currency as payment.

When do rules ever stop people? Even if it was stated you'll always get people breaking or finding a way around it.
Pages: 1 2 3