MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merged myself and cant login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am working on my forum on localhost using wamp, and I have successfully converted my vBulletin forum to MyBB.

When I first installed MyBB, I used a different username than the one I was using when my forum was vBulletin, so I went into the Admin CP and tried to merge my new account into my old original one that I was using when it was vBulletin (the one with all my posts). So after I tried to do that, it asked my to login to confirm, but after that step I can't log in to either accounts Blush

I don't really know what to do next. I trired resetting my password but I'm not receiving the email to do that.

Any idea? Thanks Smile
A helpful SQL query:

(2009-01-30, 03:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]To reset a lost/forgotten to 'test' (requires you to change X to the uid of the user this will apply to):
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X'

Hope that helps Smile
Ah, thanks! Smile

I actually thought of something to try just after posting this thread. I have a test account so ran an SQL query in phpMyAdmin to put it into the administrator group, then used it to change the password on my original account through the Admin CP.

I tried your way too though, and yours is much easier Big Grin