MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notify about missing imagecreate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was using ACP->Tools & Maintenance->Recount & Rebuild->"Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails" and want to provide the following feedback:

Even though MyBB said that "The attachment thumbnails have been rebuilt successfully." there were no thumbnails generated, this is because I don't have the imagecreate function. I have only been able to deduce the problem by debugging the code and ask you to:

Suggestion: Please show a message that Thumbnail generation failed (when it failed). Please give the cause (if possible, e. g. because of missing X).

Furthermore "Data Entries Per Page" was and still is unclear to me, please improve the description ("Here you can recount & rebuild data to fix any synchronization errors in your forum.") of "Recount & Rebuild" and explain the meaning of "Data Entries Per Page".

Suggestion:
"Here you can recount & rebuild data to fix any synchronization errors in your forum. Data Entries Per Page is ... ."

function generate_thumbnail($file, $path, $filename, $maxheight, $maxwidth)
{
	if(!function_exists("imagecreate"))
	{
		$thumb['code'] = 3;
		return $thumb;