MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post activity (not sure if posted).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As far as I know there's only one plugin which is private to labrocca which shows post activity for users. By this I mean it tells them where they have posted most, who's the top poster today (list of X amount) etc.

I think this would be handy for sites that host posting competitions or have conditions like "Post X amount of times in X section for X award".
I have one, it shows the latest X threads of a user, latest X posts, and his/her activity around the forum (changing avatar, username, signature, et cetera).

A plugin to check the amount of threads/posts of a user in, X forum, using Y prefix, Z icon, with X number of replies (if thread) from C time to today and show it in each user profile will be easy. Is that what you mean?

Where they have posted the most is easy. Top poster today, is not there already a core feature in mybb?

I don't remember Labrocca plugin so no sure what it exactly does, will check (I can't download, just can read the descriptions).
I've coded it but not yet released it over UB. 2 years back, I saw that mod over digital forums and I was impressed by it, so last year, I took some time to code it.
(2012-07-13, 02:12 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]A plugin to check the amount of threads/posts of a user in, X forum, using Y prefix, Z icon, with X number of replies (if thread) from C time to today and show it in each user profile will be easy. Is that what you mean?

Pretty much. For example I want to be able to make competitions and say first to post X amount of times in the RAW section gets this award, then just head over to their profile, click post activity and have an option there to see the list of sections and how many times they've posted in there. But it would need options like how many times have they posted in there today, 7 days, month, etc.

You could even add in things like section post-activity, you click it and see a list of users in order of who's posted the most times in this section.

(2012-07-13, 05:21 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I've coded it but not yet released it over UB. 2 years back, I saw that mod over digital forums and I was impressed by it, so last year, I took some time to code it.

What features does it have and would you release it publicly?
Oh, I see something for this (exciting, at least for me).

What about a Page Manager page (if you use it) where you fill the following criteria:
  • UID/USERNAME (Optional)
  • Forum list select box (multiple select support?).
  • Prefix select box (multiple select support?).
  • Radio buttons for the time period.
  • Whether to check for posts or threads (or both?)
  • ... ELSE?

If you filled the UID/USERNAME then the number of posts/threads with the criteria for that user is shown, otherwise a list with the users that meet the criteria is shown (ordered by date perhaps, to difference users with the same result).

I see this as a kind of tool for admins to use on competitions rather that for users to show off in their profiles.
(2012-07-15, 11:23 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]What features does it have and would you release it publicly?
A user's posts in a particular forum (forum name is hyper-linked with forum URL).

Uhm, not sure, maybe in future.
(2012-07-15, 11:57 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, I see something for this (exciting, at least for me).

What about a Page Manager page (if you use it) where you fill the following criteria:
  • UID/USERNAME (Optional)
  • Forum list select box (multiple select support?).
  • Prefix select box (multiple select support?).
  • Radio buttons for the time period.
  • Whether to check for posts or threads (or both?)
  • ... ELSE?

If you filled the UID/USERNAME then the number of posts/threads with the criteria for that user is shown, otherwise a list with the users that meet the criteria is shown (ordered by date perhaps, to difference users with the same result).

I see this as a kind of tool for admins to use on competitions rather that for users to show off in their profiles.

Those features look great. Though many of my users personally are interested themselves in where they've posted most/least and how much they've posted in a day and I can't be assed looking in ACP for them lol. That's another thing I wanted, a leaderboard to show the top posters. I will not use that ugly plugin from MyBBIran. I think this feature would fit perfectly in a post-activity plugin.

I'm genuinely surprised such a plugin isn't already listed for free here, it seems like such an awesome addition to a community. It would be incredibly popular if someone were to release one (hint hint Toungue).
(2012-07-16, 01:04 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]It would be incredibly popular if someone were to release one (hint hint Toungue).
lol, I would maybe consider in future if I release my own plugins site, or maybe on some occasion.
By the time you do that 1.8 might be out and I'm probably not going to upgrade for ages. Sad
1.8 won't have any effect on plugins, I believe. Smile

Btw same here, and 1.8 would have lot of beta testing before anyone jumps, so we shouldn't worry much about it.
Pages: 1 2