MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Maximum reports/warns by post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A setting to limit the maximum number of warnings and reports for the same post.
Another setting? Shouldn't we be looking in collating records rather than creating individual reports for a post?
Reporting the post again should be disallowed core only, I never got a point why it was allowed in first place.
(2012-07-13, 07:42 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Another setting? Shouldn't we be looking in collating records rather than creating individual reports for a post?

Yes, this is a better solution.
(2012-07-13, 07:42 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Another setting? Shouldn't we be looking in collating records rather than creating individual reports for a post?

So reports will have something like another column for the number of times it has been send? Sounds better that the current behavior. And, well, man people want settings for each feature but just core as crazy4cs mentioned is good enough.

For reports we need a way to know what posts have been warned to avoid multiple warns for the same.
I don't think you 'warn' posts though, do you? Surely a better record of infringing the rules exists in both the user notes, thread notes and through a user's warning log? In my view, a moderator is just being lazy by not checking to see whether the user has been warned for something like that before.
Yes you do >_>

If you click the warn from postbit the pid is saved in the warn row, so a checking is possible. Maybe what you mean is that you usually do no warn because of the post, but rather use the button as quick access?

If so, I see what you mean, maybe just show a bar informing about the existing warn if trying to warn from the "Post warn" page.

EDIT: Using the threads notes and users notes for saving records for this will not make a difference. Who will want to spend time checking the threads notes when they don't even check is user has been warned (as they can currently check)?
As far as I know there is a plugin by labrocca for maximum reports. It doesn't allow you to report a post more than once, but the bad thing is that it uses the database to check for report... and it's kinda bugged. Once it's reported and been dealt with, it can't be reported again as far as I remember.