MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking to hire a designer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-07-13, 10:18 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]^Yes, as long as he accepts he needs to do exactly what the client asked for. None of the users that commented here showed interests whatsoever so I don't know what they like to do such comments (apart from the fact of "because they can, they do it").

I think your reaction is pretty cynical. People are trying to help, not trying to cause trouble.
Okay, well then show me something similar. Complete with areas for Google ads, business updates, news quotes, latest posts, etc. Also would like the ability to "like" to Facebook if possible.

Think you guys are being harsh as it is a nice MyBB design, just my opinion.

And BTW - I was really taken with his design. Don't know why, but I found it to be brilliant. Apparently 5,000 people have as well.
(2012-07-13, 11:03 PM)Blitzburgh Wrote: [ -> ]And BTW - I was really taken with his design. Don't know why, but I found it to be brilliant. Apparently 5,000 people have as well.

You can't simply say all their users like their theme and that's why they're there. If you like it, that's fine, go and have a theme designed similar to it (but don't copy it). But I agree with most here, that it just seems a simple free theme type style.
Blitz, pretty much everything you just said is feature design, not theme design. You want someone who can both design and develop.
(2012-07-13, 10:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Because as long as he's paying someone to upgrade his forum he may as well get some advice on what a good direction is? Do you seriously think a designer's only job is to do exactly as the client says?

A designer can only give advice, in the end if a owner of a site has already payed the sum of money the designer can say what he wish. He will still have to listen exactly to the client. Even if he hates every single idea.
Well, a designer can also refuse clients Toungue
Good grief guys. I don't want to be rejected or have my ideas hated.

I would like a sharp forum for an existing website made and am willing to pay someone who is interested in it.

Yes, you are correct. This is not strictly a theme only project so it will require someone with a bit more experience.

Thanks, Mike
Hey there, feel free to give Audentio a try. You can buy a premade theme (If custom isn't in your budget) and pick the hour of customization package to get a theme that meets your needs. Anyways, good luck with it regardless. Smile
Pages: 1 2