MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So on the top of this forum there is a few announcements an orange green and blue one. How do you make announcements like that?

I see them on many mybb forums however I cannot find anything in the acp and never really have looked until now either because I have never needed it.

I have found a few plugins but never the specific one that I see on almost every forum. So surely I would assume its a built in feature that I am just not finding. O.o

If it is a plugin than I would probably rather just add some simple custom html to the header template and have a custom one rather than wasting resources with a plugin for something so simple.
(2012-07-13, 09:44 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-40446.html

Yeah I figured it would be something like that. Rather than a built in system as I would have known about it a long time ago. I guess ill just make my own than. Be unique. Maybe I will start with the default stuff than make it custom when I have a little more time. Thanks for the link.
Well, there are a couple of plugins that can do this for you - namely Board Messages - but it's ultimately useless when you can just as easily edit the templates.
(2012-07-13, 09:51 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there are a couple of plugins that can do this for you - namely Board Messages - but it's ultimately useless when you can just as easily edit the templates.

Yeah I fully agree with you there.