MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Character Limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I added a Character Limit to my Forum, but for some reason, it doesn't apply with Staff members. How can I make this apply with every one? This is very important. Thank you.
(2012-07-13, 10:56 PM)Jonath198 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I added a Character Limit to my Forum, but for some reason, it doesn't apply with Staff members. How can I make this apply with every one? This is very important. Thank you.
I don't think the person who created it had a reason for staff to have the limit. You may have to add a array to the code with the gids that have the character limit enabled which can be a lot of work. Your choice though.
What plugin is it ?
It's not a plugin. It's in the configuration. Also I do understand what you mean, but it's very complicated and hard to explain. I am familiar with my staff and speak with them, so it isn't that serious. I know there's gonna be people here saying: "If you can't trust your staff with that, then they shouldn't be".. But this case is just different.
Not sure why this is important, just tell them not to abuse the rule if you trust them, or if it's that big a deal for you. They should be able to bypass it though.
(2012-07-14, 12:06 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure why this is important, just tell them not to abuse the rule if you trust them, or if it's that big a deal for you. They should be able to bypass it though.

Okay look, I am unable to just demote them as they play an important role in the Owner's Minecraft Server. It's really complicated. I do own the Website. They have agreed to stop posting it, but I just want to be sure about this, as I do not keep tracking of every single person on the verge of getting promoted. So how do I do this? Sad
So there's no possibility for this? Please, anyone? Sad
How have you implemented the character limit ? You haven't actually said how your limiting the characters.
(2012-07-18, 06:20 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]How have you implemented the character limit ? You haven't actually said how your limiting the characters.

Dude, the Character Limit is set from the Configuration in Settings.
But the problem is that it doesn't apply with Staff; only normal members.

[Image: A0mXt.png]
Oh yea your right lol. As stated above if a staff member cant abide by the rules, he/she shouldn't be a staff member.
Pages: 1 2