MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Design feature for contact details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it would be cool to have an arrow for contact details so that when you click it it opens up the aim, skype, etc. which is not really needed and crowds up the profile. I have made this in Photoshop - once you click the arrow the other contact details will open.

[Image: kUe7r.png]

Of course the arrow is supposed to be very small and light blue.

The Skype, AIM, etc. would be hidden 'til you open it up by clicking the small arrow.
Not default please.
Better solution: If the user didn't input anything in those fields, they aren't shown on the profile.

Even better solution: Redesign the profile on your site; the MyBB default sucks.
(2012-07-14, 01:25 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Even better solution: Redesign the profile on your site; the MyBB default sucks.

Or pester brad to release his. Lightbulb
Haha, I'm not sure mine would be good for anyone other than me.

For me, I got rid of ICQ, AIM, MSN, etc. because those services are not really popular now. Instead I am showing Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook.
I would do exactly the same. Who uses ICQ, Aim and MSN now? I'd replace Tumblr with Skype though.
Well, for me, since our site started as a Tumblr blog, Tumblr makes sense. Skype is a good one too though.
The point is though, you should customize it. For some people it'd be better to have Twitter, Dribbble and Forrst.
thing is i think those contact fields are baked into the mybb core. i expect it to change in 1.8
Isn't there some sort of profile system on MyBB Source that makes the profile page look better and less cluttered?
Pages: 1 2