MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Link up the login system to MyBB DB - 10K Views but no reply?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-07-18, 12:18 PM)Hostpro Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-18, 08:57 AM)Echo Off Wrote: [ -> ]Seems to work fine for me.

So you registered an account and then logged in and it worked?

Some code snippets of your login function might help, how are we supposed to help you when we can't see how your login function looks like?
All you need to do is make sure the following

- username field is named "username"
- password field is named "password"
- hidden field with value "do_login"
- The action of the form points to member.php

Thats for a standard login form, shouldn't be too ahrd to adapt but show us your code so far The biggest issues are the call backs really but login is fairly transparent in what is returned to browser
(2012-07-31, 07:11 AM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]All you need to do is make sure the following

- username field is named "username"
- password field is named "password"
- hidden field with value "do_login"
- The action of the form points to member.php

Thats for a standard login form, shouldn't be too ahrd to adapt but show us your code so far The biggest issues are the call backs really but login is fairly transparent in what is returned to browser

Thank you very much for your help and simple breakdown of the situation Big Grin
I'll take a deeper look for you tomorrow to get the do_login field name for you too. Have a fair bit ok my plate for now but when I get a chance I can see if I can get it working for you

Also that's only ever going to log you into your mybb install and won't actually give you a snips manager session, that's a whole other kettle of fish
Pages: 1 2