MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to backup a database?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you backup and use the back up of a database. I am trying to backup my database and use it in a friend's computer to host. He has already installed mybb 1.2 and has it working. I found how to backup the database but I am not ssure how to load it.
i dont' know too and i need to Know

please tell me and VoodooViper for step of backup

thanks a lot
I got the backup but can't figure out how to load it.  To backup > Admin cp and go to database backup, then backup with the options.  However, if you try to load it, it just says save, even though the file is already saved.
use the import function in phpmyadmin to dump the sql backup data in to the new database.
If you have access to the root of the server you can run this command in prompt/console.
mysql --user=user --password=pass DBNAME < dumpfile.sql
Else you can upload it through phpmyadmin on the Import page.
I tried that code command and I got a 1064 error. Says wrong syntax.
CraKteR Wrote:If you have access to the root of the server you can run this command in prompt/console.
mysql --user=user --password=pass DBNAME < dumpfile.sql
Else you can upload it through phpmyadmin on the Import page.

Where is the "root of the server" to input this command?
Download this file and install it on your server...

It's a lot easier to use than most other data-base handlers that are out there.. and it comes in English and German. Smile

http://www.mysqldumper.de/de/index.php

They also have their own support forum for questions.. I think they have an "English" section, or maybe you speak German... Lol! Wink
Ozidave Wrote:Download this file and install it on your server...

It's a lot easier to use than most other data-base handlers that are out there.. and it comes in English and German. Smile

http://www.mysqldumper.de/de/index.php

They also have their own support forum for questions.. I think they have an "English" section, or maybe you speak German... Lol! Wink

That program is exactly what I have been looking for.  Works great!  Thanks!