MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Easy Popup Group Legend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a Group Legend for you to use. It's unobtrusive, and once done, only inserts one line of code into your index templates.

For this tutorial, I will be using the Page Manager Plugin, however you can use another Plugin/Do it manually if you wish.

Step 1: Create your page.
In Page Manager, create your page. These are the settings I used, you can alter them if you wish.
Name: Usergroup Legend
URI Parameter: legend
Use MyBB Template?: No
Page Content:
<body style="background:lightblue;font-family:Palatino Linotype;font-size:18px;;">
<strong style="background:teal;padding-top:5px;padding-bottom:5px;border:2px solid;padding-left:75px;padding-right:75px;text-align:center;">Usergroup Legend:</strong><br /><br /><span style="color: green;"><strong><em>Owner</em></strong></span><br /><span style="color: green;"><strong><em>Administrator</em></strong></span><br /><span style="color:#008862"><strong><em>Assistant Administrator</em></strong></span><br /><span style="color: #CC00CC;"><strong>Super Moderators</strong></span><br /><span style="color: #CC00CC;"><strong>Moderator</strong></span><br /><span style="color:#D4A017">VIP</span><br /><s>Banned</s>
</body>
Show in "Who is Online"?: No
Page Enabled?: Yes
Save it and copy the URL. If you used the same URI Parameter as me, it will be "{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=legend" (where {$mybb->settings['bburl']} represents your URL).

Step 2: Insert it into your Style.
Open up Templates & Style>Templates>Template Name>index>index_boardstats. Find this line:
<tr>
<td class="tcat"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->whos_online}</strong> [<a href="online.php">{$lang->complete_list}</a>]</span></td>

Replace it with:

<tr>
<td class="tcat"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->whos_online}</strong> [<a href="online.php">{$lang->complete_list}</a>] - [<span onClick="window.open('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?page=legend','legend','width=400,height=200')">Show Usergroup Legend</span>]</span></td>
</tr>

If you ever want to change it back, you only need to remove the part after the hyphen (-).

I've attached an image of the popup window. It's not the most stylish out there, but I will figure out a better looking way to do it. Smile
Edit: I've updated the code with a slightly better looking popup. And feel free to alter the Usergroups, I just used mine.

[attachment=26828]
I don't see the point in this at all. The popup is far from stylish, it's just a blank wepage with a few coloured links.
(2012-07-15, 08:39 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]The popup is far from stylish, it's just a blank wepage with a few coloured links.

I agree, it wasn't my finest work. Blush
I tinkered with it a bit and threw around an idea or two. I updated the first post with a better looking style. It's not the best, I admit, but it's better than what it was.