MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to 1.6.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! Verus here. Currently I am in the process of reviving my forums, and I am looking to get 1.6.8. One problem though. I've got several mods that I don't have any intention of breaking, and I want to know if 1.6.8 is "backwards compatible" with 1.6.7 modifications. There are several mods that are an important and are used for moderator functions as well as administrative; I don't want the system broken.

What features are in 1.6.8 that outweigh 1.6.7? Is 1.6.7 still a viable version or would it be advised to upgrade?
(2012-07-16, 04:40 AM)Verus Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone! Verus here. Currently I am in the process of reviving my forums, and I am looking to get 1.6.8. One problem though. I've got several mods that I don't have any intention of breaking, and I want to know if 1.6.8 is "backwards compatible" with 1.6.7 modifications. There are several mods that are an important and are used for moderator functions as well as administrative; I don't want the system broken.

There weren't any changes made in 1.6.8 that should affect plugins which work fine on 1.6.7.

(2012-07-16, 04:40 AM)Verus Wrote: [ -> ]What features are in 1.6.8 that outweigh 1.6.7? Is 1.6.7 still a viable version or would it be advised to upgrade?

1.6.8 is a maintenance update which fixes 40+ bugs and has a large amount of standards updates regarding line endings and whitespace where it shouldn't be which was causing issues with sending our mail. It's always recommended to upgrade to the latest stable release.
(2012-07-16, 04:48 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]There weren't any changes made in 1.6.8 that should affect plugins which work fine on 1.6.7.

Oh good, then my mods are safe. All I'm worried about at the moment.

(2012-07-16, 04:48 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]1.6.8 is a maintenance update which fixes 40+ bugs and has a large amount of standards updates regarding line endings and whitespace where it shouldn't be which was causing issues with sending our mail. It's always recommended to upgrade to the latest stable release.

Oh, quite a few bugs. Haven't really noticed any bugs, but it's good to know that many bugs were fixed. Thanks for the information, it's much appreciated.