MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google's project glass : what do you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Been a while since google announced it's glasses.
We saw a video about it and it really visualizes the sci-fi era

What are your opinions on it? will you be buying it if it ever becomes a reality....which i'm pretty sure will be (because 'google' is the one working on it)

http://g.co/projectglass
Nope Sad because I doubt they would make it work for people with eyesight troubles
Quote:Google is experimenting with designs that will fit over existing glasses so you don't have to wear two lots of specs.

-techradar
I still doubt they would work with my terrible eyes Sad I have really thick lenses
(2012-07-16, 08:06 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I still doubt they would work with my terrible eyes Sad I have really thick lenses

Same here. I hate wearing contacts too so that's not an option.
(2012-07-16, 08:06 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I still doubt they would work with my terrible eyes Sad I have really thick lenses

Go for a laser eye surgery
Thanks for the share. Big Grin
(2012-07-16, 08:54 AM)pixelmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Go for a laser eye surgery

If I had £800 to spare I would.
(2012-07-16, 08:54 AM)pixelmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Go for a laser eye surgery

It isn't fool-proof. The worse your eyes are from 20/20 the less successful it will be and I have friends who have had it done twice, three times, and still require low-prescription glasses and the risks of complications is too much for me. 60-70% of patients suffer some kind of complication, from halos to rain/fogging to actually losing sight. I'll suffer with contacts, thanks.

Still, Google aren't stupid.
My brother also has higher eye numbers and myself having around 3 and a '3 and a half' in left and right eye, respectively.

People goes for laser but for many people, it still causes complications. My dad asked my brother to get it done, but he also refuses to do it. While I don't have any option left to get it done as well, being a diabetic, it already takes a lot to take care of eyes, especially they are very sensitive to us due to varying blood sugar levels.
Pages: 1 2