MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had changed domains and hosts last night. I just got done installing my forum on to my new host and it's broken. I've edited the /inc/config.php file to my new host's information and also /inc/settings.php with the cookies but my forum is still broken. The DNS are also propagated. I have no idea why it is like this, I have tried everything I can think of.

Pic of what it looks like at the moment:

http://aioforums.net

Just look at it. Is there someting wrong? I would appreciate it if someone could help me over Team Viewer if it's an issue that requires looking over my files.

Thank you.
You need to change the cookie settings and BBURL in ./inc/settings.php then change them in your admincp. Smile

Drop me a pm if you'd like help via teamviewer.
The cookie settings are fine. But just for the sake of making sure they're clean, confirm them in the Admin CP, save them and delete the ./inc/settings.php file afterwards - it will regenerate itself. Make sure the file is CHMOD to 666 too.

The problem is your stylesheets aren't being loaded. You get a 404 when you try to access them. To fix this CHMOD the ./cache/ and all its subfolders and files to 777.
(2012-07-16, 10:26 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]The cookie settings are fine. But just for the sake of making sure they're clean, confirm them in the Admin CP, save them and delete the ./inc/settings.php file afterwards - it will regenerate itself. Make sure the file is CHMOD to 666 too.

The problem is your stylesheets aren't being loaded. You get a 404 when you try to access them. To fix this CHMOD the ./cache/ and all its subfolders and files to 777.

This is very weird.

Shows this on my IP:

http://gyazo.com/aafb32761ffe0f5dd30d530dc1739760.png

Looks fine and the way it should be.

Shows this on my VPNs and friends' IP:

http://imgcrave.com/u/9Cjz3.png

I linked the images to the site because they are pretty big.

I've done everything you said and Vernier helped me get the theme working but it only works on my IP.

This is the weirdest issue I've ever had. Undecided
Don't link the images, make sure that you place them on your forum host since more then likely it's the link image's hosting having hotfile protection (or something along those lines).
(2012-07-16, 11:24 PM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Don't link the images, make sure that you place them on your forum host since more then likely it's the link image's hosting having hotfile protection (or something along those lines).

I don't get what you're saying.
Nevermind, it works for me (after checking now).
When I click on a link it goes to my old domain; tstk.net instead of aioforums.net

I'm doomed :'(
Update your domain A records then to your new hosting area or where you want your new domain to point to? It's not that hard. Your also missing some images so you should update those whenever you get the chance cause your theme loads fine and looks fine. Just tell your friend to clear their cache.