MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: invalid password reset code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

My forum is www.architecture.net.nz, and is running under version 1.6.8
I am finding that whenever my users request a password reset, they are being sent an apparently invalid password reset code.

Users have forwarded me the automated password reset messages they receive, and in every case I have personally verified both the direct link and manual code entry options fail, with the website responding 'You seem to have entered an invalid password reset code. Please re-read the email you were sent or contact the forum administrators for more help.'

Reading the forum archives, this apparently was an issue in an earlier release (1.4s), but was fixed by a subsequent release. Has 1.6.8 it broken again?

How can my users reset their passwords without requiring my manual intervention every time?

Cheers

I have also confirmed that on a second attempt to request a password reset from the login screen, that a valid reset code is sent this time.

What would be preventing the first code from working in every case, but not subsequent codes? What can be done about it?
Hi - Would really appreciate some help with this - a lot of users are having a hard time. Without exception, the password reset code sent first time fails.
I seem to remember somebody else reporting something similar quite recently and labrocca confirming it. I'll see if I can dig up the thread and if a fix was found.

Edit: ah yes, here we go: http://community.mybb.com/thread-118273.html - doesn't look like any kind of fix was found at the time