MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Profile Feilds not recognized
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum is www.nzarchitecture.net.nz, running on MyBB 1.6.8

I have set some custom profile fields as compulsory for users signing up, and in particular am finding that when users select a particular category within a 'check boxes' field, that no data is recorded.

Further, If I attempt to go in and manually add that data via administrator CP, I get result "You did not select a valid option for the "Professional Categories" field. Please select a value from the presented choices."

By definition, by ticking one of the presented boxes, I AM selecting a value from the presented choices surely?

I wonder if there is some undocumented limit in the number of choices that can be included in a 'check boxes' field, or in the alphanumeric content of choices?

It seems bizarre that of three nearly identical choices in this list in particular, only one causes this problem

these are the three choices I mean: Only the first one causes problems.

"...
Graduate (<5yrs ago) employed by an architect or on clear path to registration
Graduate (5-10 years ago) employed by an architect or on clear path to registration
Graduate (10+ years ago) employed by an architect or on clear path to registration
..."

OK - it looks like perhaps the "<" symbol in the text is not being handled by MYBB properly. When I changed that text to "less than", the problem went away.