MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: STILL get a spammer a day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 3 programs to help protect my website from spammers. Well mainly 2 but they are

image verification
stop forum spam
security question
and website removal

Still get about 1 spammer a day who signs up doesn't spam but usually try to get his website and such for a homepage now with website removal he can't but i don't get how hes making it through all the protection??
My website is www.thechompzone.com and it's not even live yet... lol im confused
(2012-07-17, 10:36 AM)abenak89 Wrote: [ -> ]I have 3 programs to help protect my website from spammers. Well mainly 2 but they are

image verification
stop forum spam
security question
and website removal

Still get about 1 spammer a day who signs up doesn't spam but usually try to get his website and such for a homepage now with website removal he can't but i don't get how hes making it through all the protection??
My website is www.thechompzone.com and it's not even live yet... lol im confused

replace the default mybb captcah with recaptcha Big Grin
A human spammer can circumvent all of those easily because he's human.
You need to be persistent unfortunately. Make sure you add them in admincp, their username etc and then if you have cpanel access for your site add their IP to IPdeny. Just remember .. fences are built to keep honest people out LOL.
Are bots allowed to sign up and post?