MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cut a PSD to seperate images quickly! Special Tool?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey well just wondering is there any special tips or tricks to use in photoshop cs5 or cs6 to cut out the parts of the image needed to code it? or do you just copy and paste?

Clarification : is it just cutting up the image or do you use special like functions/features to cut the image?
It doesn't work like that ... a photoshop file is just a mock-up. Image elements can be extracted from it (e.g. thead backgrounds) but mostly it's more like trying to recreate what the theme looks like in code.

Scary that you run a website about "coding".
ok you clearly didn't understand, I know i have to code the theme. I was asking if there are any special tricks or tips to cut the image up. I dont actually appreciate your attitude either. You also clearly didn't visit my site if you did you would realise it was .NET coding not html, css or php. idiot.
OK, but why do you need to cut the image up? What are you going to do with the resulting slices?
(2012-07-17, 01:43 PM)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]ok you clearly didn't understand, I know i have to code the theme. I was asking if there are any special tricks or tips to cut the image up. I dont actually appreciate your attitude either. You also clearly didn't visit my site if you did you would realise it was .NET coding not html, css or php. idiot.

I agree that brad should of read it a bit more however it is my opinion too that owning a coding site you should at least know a bit about HTML ect. There is no need to call him an idiot.
To answer you question there are a few different ways of doing it. But, the tool designed to do is the slice tool it will allow you export all the images you want from the file in one go.
(2012-07-17, 01:45 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]OK, but why do you need to cut the image up? What are you going to do with the resulting slices?

seriously? AFAIK you have to get the bits of the image like the background for the thead etc and then code the background etc. obviously a lot more involved than that. so i was just asking do you just get the bits by cutting pasting or does photoshop have a awesome feature geez.
(2012-07-17, 01:45 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-17, 01:43 PM)fma965 Wrote: [ -> ]ok you clearly didn't understand, I know i have to code the theme. I was asking if there are any special tricks or tips to cut the image up. I dont actually appreciate your attitude either. You also clearly didn't visit my site if you did you would realise it was .NET coding not html, css or php. idiot.

I agree that brad should of read it a bit more however it is my opinion too that owning a coding site you should at least know a bit about HTML ect. There is no need to call him an idiot.

That's like saying that somebody who owns a site about "HTML etc" should know at least a bit about .NET. Of course they shouldn't.

Yes maybe, I do know HTML and CSS although imo not enough to code a website from scratch so i want to make a theme. And sorry for calling him a idiot but i hate people that just reply with pointless comments without even reading.

(2012-07-17, 01:52 PM)Charlie Hadden Wrote: [ -> ]

That's like saying that somebody who owns a site about "HTML etc" should know at least a bit about .NET. Of course they shouldn't.

Yep thats what i thought. Does seem a bit pointless what he said. However i think i also understand what he means, Obviously a website is in HTML so you should know how to edit the website, which i do!

(2012-07-17, 01:49 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]To answer you question there are a few different ways of doing it. But, the tool designed to do is the slice tool it will allow you export all the images you want from the file in one go.

Thank you! Atleast someone replied with a non pointless answer. +REP!
Doesn't work with MyBB like the way you're describing, but Dreamweaver can make a template from PSD.
Pages: 1 2