MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why wont they run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

No tasks are running when when i goto admin cp> Tools & maintenance>Task manager they all have dates like 1 month ago. The only time these will run is if i do it manually.

All the tasks are set correctly to run but nothing happens, does anyone know why?

The only thing i have changed is moving the forum from a vps to a dedicated but all the software in each maching was the same, Centos>kloxo>latest mybb.

Does anyone know why these are not running? can anyone help.

Thanks
Steve
I had this issue a while back. I deleted the tasks and recreated them. Try that Smile
hmm..a bit complicated Wink
Make sure the {$task_image} variable is present in your theme's footer template.
you rock yaldaram Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Hi

Sorry for the late response i have just been a little busy with real life work.

Anyway, here is the footer template:

<br />
<div class="bottommenu">
<div class="float_right">{$lang_select}</div>
<div>
<span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['contactlink']}">{$lang->bottomlinks_contactus}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> | <a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> | <a href="#content">{$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent}</a> | <a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a></span>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<hr class="hidden" />
<div id="copyright">
<div id="debug"><debugstuff></div>
<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community.
It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact,
to show your support for MyBB. If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below,
you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.

This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->
{$lang->powered_by} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB{$mybbversion}</a>, &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a>.<br />
<!-- End powered by -->
<br />
<br class="clear" />
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
</div>
</div>

Hope you can help.

Steve

Hi

Just thought i would also add that the tasks are still not running Sad

Thanks
Steve
(2012-07-17, 03:32 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]I had this issue a while back. I deleted the tasks and recreated them. Try that Smile
Hi

I have deleted the task and have re-added it, will see if it works and update this thread.

Thanks

Hi

Most of the tasks seem to be running not other than:

backup database ( backupdb.php )

I'm not sure why though its a strange problem.

Can someone please help me on this?

thanks
Steve