MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First / Last Post Avatar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This plugin allows you to add the ability to generate first and/or last post avatars on the index, forum display, search and show thread pages of your forum in one simple plugin. Made from a request by Shade (with thanks!). It was developed on MyBB 1.8 but I'm sure it works on peasant other versions too. Toungue

What it doesn't do is style the avatar - it's up to you to decide how to implement them on your forum. Just have the last poster on the index or first poster on the forum display - your choice. You can even style them differently; OCD permitting.

I know some won't like this as it doesn't do everything for you but it seemed a waste not to allow others to use it too.

Installation
Download and follow the readme; upload all files in the Upload folder to your forum's root and visit the Plugins section of the ACP and install FLP Avatar. When installed it adds a new setting and a cache record.

Usage
FLP Avatar is designed to prevent duplicating content and re-use as much information as possible; i.e. only querying the database when it really needs to.

Follow the instructions in the readme as to how to turn on each avatar section and example coding as to getting the avatars to appear. Remember - you style the avatar. A little effort will pull off some pretty awesome results.

Demo
Currently in use at Xekko Resources.

Download
Available via the Mods Site or via GitHub.

Change Log
v1.0.1:
- Fixed issue with announcement avatars not displaying properly
- Fixed issue with permissions not adhering to settings
- Added support for PM (including tracking) avatars

If you've already installed this plugin simply deactivate it in the ACP, download/upload the new files in the Upload folder to your forum and then reactivate the plugin. If successful, there should be a new 'Private Messages' option in the settings.

v1.0.2:
- Fixed issue with permissions saving incorrectly
- Fixed issue with avatars not displaying in the PM areas
- Fixed issue when saving users in the ACP
- Fixed issue for MyBB 1.8 where format_avatar doesn't return all data needed

If you have already installed this plugin simply re-download it and upload the files within the Upload folder to your forum. There is no need to deactivate or uninstall the plugin.
Thanks for this Tomm. There's already a similar plugin out there but it's a bit of a beast when it comes to queries.
Yeah I think that's why it was requested; either existing plugins were missing avatars in some places or they were just too messy. This plugin literally only queries the database when it has to retrieve an avatar.
Thank you Tomm - it looks really nice but I am gonna stay loyal to my plugin from Omar. NOT a beast on the queries.
Thanks! Will use this.

How about PMs? I know you're doing this on Xekko :p
Just because it's you, I suppose so. I'll work on it tomorrow.

(2012-07-17, 10:00 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Tomm - it looks really nice but I am gonna stay loyal to my plugin from Omar. NOT a beast on the queries.

I'm not sure why Shade didn't want the plugin from Omar - maybe because it doesn't do show thread? Omar's plugin is great; this one doesn't do templates and, I think, uses less queries.
I actually can't tell if Tomm hates me or not.
Of course not! I just hate it when you give good suggestions that equals more work. Toungue
v1.0.1:
- Fixed issue with announcement avatars not displaying properly
- Fixed issue with permissions not adhering to settings
- Added support for PM (including tracking) avatars

If you've already installed this plugin simply deactivate it in the ACP, download/upload the new files in the Upload folder to your forum and then reactivate the plugin. If successful, there should be a new 'Private Messages' option in the settings.
I don't understand what this does? Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11