MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: see if custom field is compiled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
It's possibile show a "Custom Profile Fields" in the postbit template only if this is compiled ? For example, my custom fields ask :"your name ?" and if i compiled the field whit my name then it's show in the postbit, else the field's it's "invisible" ... It's possible ?

regards
Yes you can do this, however I don't know what you mean invisible but only shown on postbit? Do you mean that only administrators can see it or that it's ONLY visible through the postbit?
(2012-07-17, 11:17 PM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can do this, however I don't know what you mean invisible but only shown on postbit? Do you mean that only administrators can see it or that it's ONLY visible through the postbit?

He means give a option where a user can choose to display their name or keep it invisible.
Yes, the custom field it's visible for all, admin, guest, register ecc... but the field it's visible only if the user have compiled the custom field in their user cp ... It's possible ?
What OP means is that a custom profile that he creates, which is displayed on postbit should be only visible if a user has specified input (entered it in profile) or else it should not appear (be invisible).
For example, I create the "Custom Profile Fields" where the user can insert your name or another info, if the user not compile this field ( because it's optional and editable in the user cp ) the fields it's invisible in the postbit for this user. However if the user compile this field, for this user it's visible the field in the postbit, but only for user that have compiled the optional fields ...

EDIT
It's possible which the solution for my problem is this http://community.mybb.com/thread-110111.html ?
That's for profile. For postbit you can download Template Conditionals http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464 and in postbit template add something like that:
<if $post['fidX'] then>
Field: {$post['fidX']}
</if>