MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cloudflare hosting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see in cqcounter.com and search some MyBB website and I see some website like mybbsource.com have ISP or Organization is Cloudflare Cloudflare.

what is Cloudflare hosting?

where can i get that?
CloudFlare is not a web host. See: https://www.cloudflare.com/overview

In short, CloudFlare is one of the best decisions you can make for your forum (If you use it correctly).
(2012-07-18, 09:41 AM)Hello Wrote: [ -> ]I see in cqcounter.com and search some MyBB website and I see some website like mybbsource.com have ISP or Organization is Cloudflare Cloudflare.

what is Cloudflare hosting?

where can i get that?

As Nathan said, we do not provide hosting for any website. You can, however, use any host with CloudFlare.

A lot of people tend to see our nameservers in a lookup & assume that we're a webhost, when nameservers actually do not necessarily mean webhosting. Example: GoDaddy could be your registar (DNS) & you could be using a service like BlueHost for hosting. A lookup would reflect GoDaddy's nameservers.
CloudFlare is a really nice service (it's not a web-host).
What I don't like about cloudflare is.. if it goes down.. so does all users trying to visit your website... your website disappears.. from when I used it a while ago... it's LA servers went down and there was NO through put to my host server from my domain name since your DNS wll point to cloudflare and then cloudflare points to your host... I'd reccomend surfing the market for other cloud providers like Incapsula. Cloudflare is great for available services when up.. but it's not the strongest against attacks... and from what I noticed, they get attacked quite often.
^Cloudflare is best IMHO. I had been using CF since more than an year now and I was never down because of CF.

Even if such circumstances occurs, just pause cloudflare by logging to your CF account so the nameservers would directly point to your records and traffic won't be passed through CF.
I've been using CF for a while now too and haven't gone down. Also, their DNS servers are probably a lot stronger than some other providers Smile especially some registrars that offer DNS
(2012-07-19, 12:35 AM)WebDevandPhoto Wrote: [ -> ]What I don't like about cloudflare is.. if it goes down.. so does all users trying to visit your website... your website disappears.. from when I used it a while ago... it's LA servers went down and there was NO through put to my host server from my domain name since your DNS wll point to cloudflare and then cloudflare points to your host... I'd reccomend surfing the market for other cloud providers like Incapsula. Cloudflare is great for available services when up.. but it's not the strongest against attacks... and from what I noticed, they get attacked quite often.

We rarely have extended issues in any of our datacenters. Even in your example with LA, for example, all other datacenters are still fully online and operational (only some visitors from LA, for example, might have an issue). We have also greatly expanded our capacity over the past six months so this is actually less of a concern than it may have been in the past. We generally resolve most of these attacks in about 5-10 minutes or so.
Cloudflare has just become better now for Australians.

http://blog.cloudflare.com/sydney-austra...ata-center
(2012-07-26, 01:39 AM)ChrisR Wrote: [ -> ]Cloudflare has just become better now for Australians.

http://blog.cloudflare.com/sydney-austra...ata-center

Yep, more on the way as wellSmile We also launched a new datacenter in Atlanta last night as well.
Pages: 1 2