MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to attach users/groups to specific calendars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed you can create as many different calendars as you want but I do not see how to attach user groups to use those calendars. All groups seem to default to the main calendar.
In the ACP -> Configuration -> Calendars -> Permissions (beside each individual calendar)
You can define what groups can do what with the calendar.
(2012-07-18, 05:45 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]In the ACP -> Configuration -> Calendars -> Permissions (beside each individual calendar)
You can define what groups can do what with the calendar.

Let's say a create 2 new user groups. GroupA and GroupB. thenI create 2 new users: UserA and UserB. I then make sure UserA is in GroupA and UserB is in GroupB.

In the calendar settings, I set the permissions so that GroupA reads/writes to CalendarA and GoupB read/writes to CalendarB.

The problem is that when I log in as UserA, I get the default Calendar. When I log in with UserB I also get the default calendar. I do not see how to set it up so that all of the Users in Group A will default to Calendar A and all the users in GroupB default to using CalendarB.

No matter, who I log in as, it is always the same calendar.
There is a jump calendar option there but if you want to know about the default then as per line 1443-1448 of calendar.php
	// Showing the default calendar
	else
	{
		$query = $db->simple_select("calendars", "*", "disporder='1'");
		$calendar = $db->fetch_array($query);
	}

It defaults to the calendar that has a display order of one. I imagine if you want that changed you would need to alter that code. Smile
Ok thanks. I think I will disable the default calendar for all users which will force them to choose a "Jump to" calendar.