MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for Feedbacks and suggestions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-07-18, 10:46 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you choose these colours? This is not as strange a question as it seems. Your site is about production - so are you trying to make it look a bit like the Blender or Sony Vegas interfaces?

I know Blender is dark as a program, but the blender site is light colours and has a clean look. I don't want to be discouraging, but you need to rethink the site look and feel and get some content.

Close the board, work on content, reopen when you are ready. It is NOT ready now. What the grapefruit....

I never said the board was open. its far from being open actualy. Thats why registration needs to be aprouved by an admin. because I am working on content. and inviting friends who knows about the topics too and get them to post. I was just making a thread here to know what other thinks about it.
To be honest - it is ON the web, so it IS open.

People will see it as it is now and they may never come back. You have some good input so far from here, I would put an opening soon html page up, set the board to closed and while that is live redo the theme and post the content on the forums.
Alright. I'll try to make a good Comming soon templates. Any ways for the theme I just made a thread in the hiring section for a custom made theme that I'd like to be developed. So this might help
Get rid of glow effects on usernames. That also goes for any other "effect" that can be done on the text.

Also, the best advice I ever received was not to use clip art in a PowerPoint. You can essentially using the most clip arty clip art their is for forum icons. Change them ASAP.

Finally, what the heck is a producer forum? I don't think "producer" and "productivity" are as related as you think. (And put those most important forums on top.)
(2012-07-18, 11:42 PM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of glow effects on usernames. That also goes for any other "effect" that can be done on the text.

Also, the best advice I ever received was not to use clip art in a PowerPoint. You can essentially using the most clip arty clip art their is for forum icons. Change them ASAP.

Finally, what the heck is a producer forum? I don't think "producer" and "productivity" are as related as you think. (And put those most important forums on top.)

Producer is someone who produce them. My topics are music , video and graphic producing. So those who produce "Create" them are producers. And productivity goes in the same topic. Do you understand more my topic now ?

For the cliparts. Can you tell me wich cliparts are from powerpoint ? Because in powerpoint the clipart are old from the 90s ! And the icons I used are newer than the powerpoint cliparts.

Thanks
They just look like clipart. I may not be able to find the exact same ones in Microsoft Word, but I can find something close. It makes your site look cheap.
You know, I know how bad it feels to try really hard on something and then be pleased with it, post in the showcase and be told it is not good. It happened to me and I was angry and sad.

However, the chaps here were right: my site is NOT very good in terms of style, and that is ok, it is my site and I love it.

You can do the same too - read what you are being told, really LOOK at your site and then go look at websites you admire and see if you like your site as much as the ones you admire. If you do, then that is great and we are done here. It may not be a successful site, but you will be happy with it.

The thing is - you are here, and you are asking for our opinions. This is my blunt opinion:

Your theme is amateur and not very well made. You need to make sure you are consistent in the use of icons and colours to give a sharp professional look. You have almost zero content. You also need to be a bit less combative in your tone with the people who are trying to help.

That is all from me, I wish you good luck with your forum.
(2012-07-19, 12:04 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You know, I know how bad it feels to try really hard on something and then be pleased with it, post in the showcase and be told it is not good. It happened to me and I was angry and sad.

However, the chaps here were right: my site is NOT very good in terms of style, and that is ok, it is my site and I love it.

You can do the same too - read what you are being told, really LOOK at your site and then go look at websites you admire and see if you like your site as much as the ones you admire. If you do, then that is great and we are done here. It may not be a successful site, but you will be happy with it.

The thing is - you are here, and you are asking for our opinions. This is my blunt opinion:

Your theme is amateur and not very well made. You need to make sure you are consistent in the use of icons and colours to give a sharp professional look. You have almost zero content. You also need to be a bit less combative in your tone with the people who are trying to help.

That is all from me, I wish you good luck with your forum.

Thank you ! I love what you wrote. And this is so true ! For myself I love the way I am making my site. And wish to make it even better than it is. As for my tone like you said. I'm very sorry. IT might be because I am french and my way of writting thigs might make people think I am combative. Wich I am not really trying to be. I do hope myself that all my hard work will work out, 1 Thing I know is that I wont stop trying to improve it until I know its a dead case wich I hope it won't be. Even if I only have 100 members. On topic thanks eveyone for the feedbacks and suggestions.
I agree with Leefish, at the end it doesn't matter how much people adore your forum and how awesome it is for your members, if you are not comfortable with it then there is no point running it at all.
I updated my forum and got some content rolling. What do you guys think ?
Pages: 1 2