MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change New Thread Layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a new theme, it's nice, but the 'New Thread' layout is very poor. Can someone please explain to me how I can change the layout? For example the Smilies box is under the typing section, I would like to move that to the left. Thanks.
AdminCP --> Templates & Style --> Templates --> Your theme templates --> New Thread Templates --> newthread

In there will be the general html along with various variables in curly brackets which define smilies and such Smile
Should be simple enough, if you go to your admin CP you'll find a templates header selection in the top link ribbon. Click it and avoid themes since you're probably not going to need to edit the css yet, and click templates.. then select the current template you want to fix. The next page refresh will show all your templates (edited ones which were changed from stock are font colored green) for that particular theme ordered in sections and collapsed. Simply click on showthread section to expand those templates and fish around in there for your smilies. Now I'm fairly new to MyBB so there may be some more areas to adjust like maybe displyforum. But I hope that's enough to get you going in the right direction. Oh to move to left you could change the div (if it's in it's own) to align left but there's many possibilities of how your theme could be layed out so maybe it's better you tell us how it's formated and then we can help better?
Got it, thanks a lot guys.