MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to not have any of MyBB 2.0 news this month?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi staff!
Some days ago you posted a post on the official announcement blog with news of MyBB 1.8 but you dind't do for 2.0 version! Why don't you do that?
2.0 isn't our main priority. We'll post more information regarding 2.0 when we have something worth posting about. Until then you can look forward to the rest of our 1.8 tour. Smile
(2012-07-19, 11:01 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]2.0 isn't our main priority. We'll post more information regarding 2.0 when we have something worth posting about. Until then you can look forward to the rest of our 1.8 tour. Smile

I already knew that you would reply me like this way! It was really impossible to get another kind of reply from the team!
What do you expect? 1.8 is the next release. 2.0 is years away.
(2012-07-19, 01:11 PM)PepperMint Wrote: [ -> ]I already knew that you would reply me like this way! It was really impossible to get another kind of reply from the team!

Because we have nothing further to say about 2.0. Our focus is on 1.8.
(2012-07-19, 01:36 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]What do you expect? 1.8 is the next release. 2.0 is years away.

2.0 was announced in 2009 first time and we're still years away? How is a thing like that possible?
Maybe you should have read the existing info about 2.0 before asking for more.
Yes, I had to read it but staff here should have not wrote the announcement of 2.0 in 2009.
It was hardly an announcement - it was more of a statement that 2.0 will exist and that the 1.8 won't be the last release branch. There's still plenty more life left in the 1.x series and I'm pretty sure people will stop complaining once 1.8 hits as it'll be a game changer in itself.
(2012-07-19, 02:29 PM)PepperMint Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I had to read it but staff here should have not wrote the announcement of 2.0 in 2009.

While his whole argument is flawed, i can see this last one holding some form of truth.

Why was 2.0 announced in 2009? I mean back then you would have known it would have been atleast 5 or so years before you would release as much as a beta.

With 1.8 because of all the trouble of the past few months pushed back a lot. And slowly starting to become a major content update (because you just like the community sees MyBB will have to add things to keep up with competition).
It will be what september,oktober? before we see a beta. And maybe January next year a release of some sorts since i dont see you releasing it during the holiday season.

That would make it 2013, add two years to that we would be in 2015. Now lets presume for a moment that you would release a beta of some sorts of 2.0 in august of 2014 that would still make the total time since the first announcement to the earliest release about 6 years.

While i guess i can see why you did it, i still think it might not have been the best decision to share that type of information so early on. And would have been a better announcement around this time that after 1.8 2.0 would be released. Yes i know 1.8 was never in the planning untill recently but still 6 years is quite a lot of time. To much time for such an announcement if you ask me.
Pages: 1 2