MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bootstrap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2013-04-14, 02:31 AM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]inuit.css looks interesting, I'm doing it with Bootstrap now and I think it's pretty cool.

When you will release it?

Free or Pemium?
(2013-04-20, 08:28 PM)GhostMaster Wrote: [ -> ]When you will release it?

Free or Pemium?

Free, open source and ASAP. Smile
(2013-04-20, 08:42 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-20, 08:28 PM)GhostMaster Wrote: [ -> ]When you will release it?

Free or Pemium?

Free, open source and ASAP. Smile

Looks great, i want it. Big Grin
(2013-04-14, 06:36 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong with taking some inspiration from another software, it's pretty hard to make unique table-less forum theme as it is.

What? I don't see how it would be harder than making a unique theme with tables. Accepting that all the good designs have been done already is lazy, and doesn't work when someone inevitably makes a better design.
Both are valid points, it's hard to be 100% original these days, but it's also no excuse to copy/paste ideas. A perfect balance of originality and good practices by other forum software is probably ideal.

@maniacmusic - I'm digging what you've done so far, hopefully things like forumdisplay don't cause too many problems.
Glad you like it Eric Smile
Getting the forumdisplay to work properly without tables was causing me trouble indeed....
I'm going with tables for now until I figured out a better method.
(2013-04-20, 09:09 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-04-14, 06:36 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing wrong with taking some inspiration from another software, it's pretty hard to make unique table-less forum theme as it is.

What? I don't see how it would be harder than making a unique theme with tables. Accepting that all the good designs have been done already is lazy, and doesn't work when someone inevitably makes a better design.

The ways you can actually structure a table-less theme in respect to the traditional forum layout is limited due to factors like vertical alignment and inherited/fixed width of the cells.
(2013-04-14, 02:31 AM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]inuit.css looks interesting, I'm doing it with Bootstrap now and I think it's pretty cool.

Here's a little preview of the index:

Mobile width:
[Image: yRcCkRJ.png]

Tablet:
[Image: leB9z58.png]

Notebook:
[Image: t16F0Gc.png]

Desktop:
[Image: 5d4kh4l.png]

where I can download the template?
Thanks
Wow, it's looking fantastic. I like the simple, but modern feel that it has.
Thanks for your feedback! It changed quite a bit though since I posted this screenshot but I haven't had much time lately to finish it off completely so I can't share the template with you today (but hopefully soon enough). There's still lot's of stuff to do.
Here's the current look of the forum index:
[Image: GMbLzgU.png]

Do you prefer the old look?
Pages: 1 2 3 4