MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User title that gives more options?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You know groups, you can add options/premissions, like make colors on their name and put permissions etc.

Well, I wonder if there is any plugin that makes the user title more fun and usefull. The user title I got for a specific post, so if a user have 100 posts they have a different user title. However, I don't only want to change their user title, but also maybe their username color and maybe if possible permissions to more options.

Is this possible? any plugin exist or anybody who can make?
I mean, shall it not be quiet so useful? As people may stay more active on forum to reach to more options etc. It becomes more fun.

Thanks in advance!
You just described Usergroup Promotions.
(2012-07-19, 10:47 PM)Sozu Wrote: [ -> ]You know groups, you can add options/premissions, like make colors on their name and put permissions etc.

Well, I wonder if there is any plugin that makes the user title more fun and usefull. The user title I got for a specific post, so if a user have 100 posts they have a different user title. However, I don't only want to change their user title, but also maybe their username color and maybe if possible permissions to more options.

Is this possible? any plugin exist or anybody who can make?
I mean, shall it not be quiet so useful? As people may stay more active on forum to reach to more options etc. It becomes more fun.

Thanks in advance!

As brad said above, that is basically Usergroup Promotions which can be located at MyBB Admin CP >> Users & Groups >> Group Promotions.

For custom username colours, this can be set at MyBB Admin CP >> Users & Groups >> Groups and click on "Options" then "Edit Group" next to the group you want to change the username colour for and put in the Username Style box something like:

<span style="color: red; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px rgb(255, 0, 0);"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

You can also change the permissions etc in that area, like how many PM's they can store and send etc.