MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WebTalkBB.com - Web Talk Bulletin Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: logo.png]

Introduction
WebTalkBB.com originally known as "Web Talk Bulletin Board" is a newly launched community which is aimed at providing a good friendly environment for those who wish to learn, teach, share ideas, etc. I know that there are lots of forums out there that provide such service but the thing that separates us from them is our community, we stand our own ground and they stand theirs.

Additional Information
The community is at it's early stages and alot of work is still to be done on it. I am accepted honest opinions so if you have any suggestions or comments, no matter if it's positive or negative you may share them but please know that I'm also a human being with feelings so instead of discouraging me please try and help if anything is out of the ordinary.

Registration
Anyone of the age 13 years (with parental permission) or older is welcome to register on our forums. We suggest not to make an account if you are not taking into consideration of posting a little but we are not stopping you.

Link
The forum link is
http://www.webtalkbb.com

~Ando
If I were you, I'd delete the subforums - you don't need them yet, and may never need them (all they really do is confuse users).

You should also stop using the board stats plug in, or figure out some way to put it in the sidebar. Users should always be able to get to your forums, threads and posts as soon as possible without having to scroll through too much fluff. (And right now there are no stats to speak of.)

I also think that with your domain name, WEBtalk, you should maybe get rid of general/lifestyle forums - maybe combine them into one "General Discussion" forum at most - and focus on web-related topics. I haven't seen a forum with an IT section advertised on the Showcase, like, ever, so it's definitely a potentially open niche.
(2012-07-20, 12:44 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]If I were you, I'd delete the subforums - you don't need them yet, and may never need them (all they really do is confuse users).

You should also stop using the board stats plug in, or figure out some way to put it in the sidebar. Users should always be able to get to your forums, threads and posts as soon as possible without having to scroll through too much fluff. (And right now there are no stats to speak of.)

I also think that with your domain name, WEBtalk, you should maybe get rid of general/lifestyle forums - maybe combine them into one "General Discussion" forum at most - and focus on web-related topics. I haven't seen a forum with an IT section advertised on the Showcase, like, ever, so it's definitely a potentially open niche.

Hi there,

Should do a little thinking beforehand about what I should do with the stats plugin so I disabled it for now. WEBtalk can have various meanings so the lifestyle forums can implemented but your right it is a little mixed up so I'll see what I can do with it and yes the forum is aimed at IT mainly so I'll try concentrate more on that but I do have to stick in a little sections that have no meaning to the forum or the forum would be dead, but it's only the start so they would have no use.
Quote:I know that there are lots of forums out there that provide such service but the thing that separates us from them is that we are our own community and with the help and determination of our members we will grow.

I don't even understand what this means, much less how it makes you unique.
(2012-07-20, 12:54 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I know that there are lots of forums out there that provide such service but the thing that separates us from them is that we are our own community and with the help and determination of our members we will grow.

I don't even understand what this means, much less how it makes you unique.

Let me explain in simple english if I can Toungue. Thing I'm trying to say is that I opened a forum that contains topics that alot of forums already have and some users will say what's the point of this forum then?. It doesn't matter what any forum is about, it's the community and the members is what makes it unique. Do you get me?
OK. But you have two members. So there's no value proposition there. Your sales pitch can't be something you have yet to deliver.
(2012-07-20, 01:02 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]OK. But you have two members. So there's no value proposition there. Your sales pitch can't be something you have yet to deliver.

Nice words and that's correct. I'll drink and work towards that.
Well atleast so far your doing good, I can't complain...but there is still work to be done I can see and the theme looks nice and the sections are written up by yourself not like other forums so I can't complaint but tell you to work hard. Good luck with it.
Fill the forum before showcasing anywhere else Smile
(2012-07-20, 01:25 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Fill the forum before showcasing anywhere else Smile

I'm posting a few things now but I kinda want to write up tutorials myself which will take awhile so decided to post in this showcase to get some suggestions and ideas if I'm doing anything wrong and maybe 1,2 members will join and help out in forum activity.
Pages: 1 2 3