MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I have my current site www.bringit2u.com/forum , and I would like to move it to www.fieldchatter.com/forum

Do I move all the files from bringit2u/forum to fieldchatter/forum directy and do that? Or....so I install MYBB on Fieldchatter/forum and move the entire database from Bringit2u/forum to the new site?
Yes, move all of the files. Download the old host's database and upload it into the new one. Then change the cookie and mysql information in config.php to reflect the new values and your set to go. Smile
(2012-07-20, 02:25 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, move all of the files. Download the old host's database and upload it into the new one. Then change the cookie and mysql information in config.php to reflect the new values and your set to go. Smile

Thank you ! How do I change the info in the config?
if you got fieldchatter.com phpmyadmin and ftp access then you can do it
first copy all the files from www.bringit2u.com and paste them on 1 file call it forum
now go to your www.bringit2u.com phpmyadmin and go to the db you installed mybb on , then go to the tables in the db , check them all , then export them after that you go to www.fieldchatter.com phpmyadmin and go to the db you want to install the forum on
then go to import and choose the .sql file you exported from www.bringit2u.com database , then move the forum file to www.fieldchatter.com ftp and your done Smile
but i recommend you to make a whole new clean install..
hope i helped
regards
illusion

(2012-07-20, 02:25 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, move all of the files. Download the old host's database and upload it into the new one. Then change the cookie and mysql information in config.php to reflect the new values and your set to go. Smile

actually you cant do that mate
mybb install tables on the db if the tables is missing then he will get corrupted forum , OP use my way mate it will work 100%
(2012-07-20, 02:29 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]if you got fieldchatter.com phpmyadmin and ftp access then you can do it
first copy all the files from www.bringit2u.com and paste them on 1 file call it forum
now go to your www.bringit2u.com phpmyadmin and go to the db you installed mybb on , then go to the tables in the db , check them all , then export them after that you go to www.fieldchatter.com phpmyadmin and go to the db you want to install the forum on
then go to import and choose the .sql file you exported from www.bringit2u.com database , then move the forum file to www.fieldchatter.com ftp and your done Smile
hope i helped
regards
illusion

mybb install tables on the db if the tables is missing then he will get corrupted forum , OP use my way mate it will work 100%

I have to do it in PHPADMIN? Cannot do it through ACP?
(2012-07-20, 02:45 AM)mrfield16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-20, 02:29 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]if you got fieldchatter.com phpmyadmin and ftp access then you can do it
hope i helped
regards
illusion

nope
because mybb install tables on your sql db
so you must copy the tables and paste them on your new db
sorry mate :/
if you got any other way to execute the import/export then it will work but as far as i know phpmyadmin is the only way
don't just copypaste the files this will make a huge error
if you want to use http://www.bringit2u.com/forum/ db i think you can do that
by using the same sql information on the config file but i never tried it so do it on your own risk
and remember to back up everything the db ,the files , etc...
regards
illusion
(2012-07-20, 02:50 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]
hope i helped
regards
illusion

nope
if you got any other way to execute the import/export then it will work but as far as i know phpmyadmin is the only way
by using the same sql information on the config file but i never tried it so do it on your own risk
regards
illusion

First...thank you very much for helping.

I went to myphp, highlighted everything in bringit2u and clicked export. I stopped though, worried it may erase the brinigit2u files. I i export, will it remove from the folder, or just make a copy in an export file

Meaning, i dont want to disrupt the bringit2u forum
(2012-07-20, 03:00 AM)mrfield16 Wrote: [ -> ]
hope i helped
regards
illusion

nope
regards
illusion

I went to myphp, highlighted everything in bringit2u and clicked export. I stopped though, worried it may erase the brinigit2u files. I i export, will it remove from the folder, or just make a copy in an export file

hmm no mate non of the files will be erased
basically you are just backing up your sql
when you are going to import it , it will add the tables from the old database to the new one , if the tables already exist then it will say error and tell you the table name but i don't think that is going to happen because you don't have mybb installed on the new domain amaright ? without touching the other tables , and when you export it it is just making a back up that is it don't worry mate ,if i helped you can always rep+
regards
illusion
(2012-07-20, 03:06 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]
hope i helped
regards
illusion

nope
regards
illusion

when you are going to import it , it will add the tables from the old database to the new one , if the tables already exist then it will say error and tell you the table name but i don't think that is going to happen because you don't have mybb installed on the new domain amaright ? without touching the other tables , and when you export it it is just making a back up that is it don't worry mate ,if i helped you can always rep+
regards
illusion

I do have mybb installed on the new domain. But no pista or anything done to it yet.
(2012-07-20, 03:15 AM)mrfield16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-20, 03:06 AM)illusionalp Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-07-20, 02:45 AM)mrfield16 Wrote: [ -> ]I have to do it in PHPADMIN? Cannot do it through ACP?
nope
regards
illusion

regards
illusion

I do have mybb installed on the new domain. But no pista or anything done to it yet.
hmm then you must go to your new domain phpmyadmin and remove all the tables that start with "mybb" then you can do the method i gave you in my other post , but if you want you can just keep the config file sql info and paste the files on the ftp i think it will work
regards
illusion
Pages: 1 2