MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where Is This Located?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been editing a theme so it meets the requirements of what I'll be using it for and I've noticed the 'New Thread' button doesn't say 'New Thread' it's just a blank box. It's almost like the text is missing.

I was basically wanting to add the text myself but I'm unsure where it is located if that makes sense. I've edited themes in the past (nothing much, just changing images, editing navigation etc) but I am no pro or anything.

Here's an image which hopefully explains it:

[Image: buttons.jpg]

There is also missing text for edit post, new post etc:

[Image: buttons2.jpg]

Thanks in advance!
may i take a look at the website send me a url and i will fix it for you mate
regards
illusion
Let him fix it, it's not hard. To find the New Thread button:

Forum Display Templates -> forumdisplay_newthread

For the buttons in the postbit, you'll need to edit several of the templates in the Post Bit Templates.
(2012-07-20, 07:32 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]Let him fix it, it's not hard. To find the New Thread button:

Forum Display Templates -> forumdisplay_newthread

For the buttons in the postbit, you'll need to edit several of the templates in the Post Bit Templates.

That's the one, thanks!

I must say, the hardest part about editing a theme (for me anyway) is finding where everything is located. Attempting to hunt down the 'Quote' and 'Report Post' etc buttons now

[img][Image: buttons2.jpg][/img]
Those should be named as: postbit_report, postbit_quote, postbit_pm, etc.

They're all in the Post Bit templates.
Thanks!

I'll also ask here to save a new thread, how would I save this theme to use on another forum. I know I would need to grab the images directory but how would I go about getting everything else? This theme has been edited on a private test forum for use on another forum of mine which is due to launch in future (a gaming community to be exact)

Once again, thanks for your assistance.
Templates & Style -> click on Options, and hit "Export Theme"

That's all that's needed, along with your images directory.