MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have an active member on my forum, but his account for some reason keeps getting banned, and things change on his account when he doesn't do anything, nor do we.

I have advised him to create a new account, and i'll move his posts to that account.

Is there a way to move all the posts and threads from 1 account to an another account?

Bump.
Yes. Merge his account with the new one. When you merge a user, the details all get merged
and he'll have his posts/threads.

-Viral.
Is there a way to just move the posts, not merge the account?
(2012-07-21, 06:47 AM)Pertez Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to just move the posts, not merge the account?

Well merging is just generally easier, but you could export his posts as an sql dump and then
change the statements a tiny bit and then reinsert the data into the users table. ._. but, ...
merging is faster and easier and does pretty much the same thing.

-Viral.
You can merge accounts via the ACP. However, I'd recommend you check with staff/mods to make sure there is no power abuse going on. Check admin/mod logs, and be sure to look for anybody who might have admin that shouldn't.

Do you have any anti-spam plugins? That could also cause the problem.
How do I merge an account?
Admincp -> Users & Groups -> Users -> Merge Users