MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Backup - Plugin Support - Something Is Wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am having a problem with my forum.

I have made a full backup of my forum and when I import the database everything works perfectly.

Changing the theme also works once I add the needed images, but heres what I am having problems with:

When I install/activate/save a plugin, my forum/theme gets f***ed up and deleting/uninstalling/deactivation the plugin does not work.

I hope someone understands what I mean and if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

--

I also had a different question and maybe this can solve the problem:

How can I make a backup of all my sections/forums + all threads/posts + all users, usernames, reputation, etc.

Kind regards,
Grily
When I install/activate/save a plugin, my forum/theme gets f***ed up and deleting/uninstalling/deactivation the plugin does not work.

Can you provide some screenshots regarding with your problem? And also the list of your plugins.
(2012-07-23, 11:31 AM)harlenjoy Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide some screenshots regarding with your problem? And also the list of your plugins.

...and your URL?
The link to my (temporary) forum is http://grilydesign.com/forum

The theme is currently showing fine, but when I enable a plugin the theme structure/images get f'ed.

--

When I made a backup of my forum I had the folling plugins installed:

- ProStats
- wysiwyg editor
- Usergroup Legend (v3.0)
- stopforumspam (I think)

So I had these plugins installed + a theme + I had threads and posts on my forum.
I made a FULL backup of my forum in the ADMIN CP and when I import the database to a new forum everything works fine, untill I got in my Admin CP and install/activate/enable/save a plugin.

--

Hopefully this is enough information.
Did you change the config.php to reflect any of the new changes and edit your new URL (if needed) on the board's settings?
Do you have all the files for those plugins on your new forum?
(2012-07-24, 04:44 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change the config.php to reflect any of the new changes and edit your new URL (if needed) on the board's settings?

I don't think I changed something in config.php, but my old link was gfx-valley.com and this link is grilydesign.com

(2012-07-24, 12:57 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have all the files for those plugins on your new forum?

I have the files of the plugins yes.
You need to change your config.php file then and update it with the new domain name (for cookie settings) and then once your able to login to the AdminCP and make those changes there. If you change your database name and username update those in the config.php file as well.