MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ouya Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-07-23, 05:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not saying you should close the forum -- just that there's not much to talk about right now and I think you should use the time to develop the site more.

Really I disagree with this. There is more to discuss now with updates and previews than normal when there would just be discussion on support needed.
There is only one game announced for Ouya with no real details ... really, I'm not sure what you're going to discuss.
(2012-07-23, 05:58 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not saying you should close the forum -- just that there's not much to talk about right now and I think you should use the time to develop the site more.
Alright, well thank you. And you're right, I will be using this time to develop the site, I don't think I'll ever stop doing that. There's always something you can improve on. But maybe I can do it a little more aggressively then I had originally planned.

(2012-07-23, 07:19 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]There is only one game announced for Ouya with no real details ... really, I'm not sure what you're going to discuss.

There's actually 3 or 4... and games aren't the only thing that you can talk about in a console. Especially an un-released one. There'll be more threads between now and the time that the console releases than after it releases. From now on, you'll have a bunch of threads on hardware specs, games, interviews, new details being released, I mean, I really don't think that we'll ever be low on stuff to post. But I might be wrong, we'll see how it plays out.
I think getting in on a new market/niche is a brilliant idea. I do have my doubts about the Ouya, though.
(2012-07-23, 11:52 PM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]I think getting in on a new market/niche is a brilliant idea. I do have my doubts about the Ouya, though.

And it's exactly those doubts that will get people talking. People are going to want to discuss any new news that arises. In the long run, though, it may turn into an issue if it doesn't actually come to life - then you'd have a lot of posts on a suddenly dead forum.

Either way though, good luck. Personally I think that with a bit of care this site could become very successful. I'm not a fan of the theme, but with some work you'll have a great little setup. Maybe push for some exclusive content Wink
(2012-07-23, 03:50 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]A forum for a product that isn't out, and could be vaporware at this point ... weird.

Wont be vaporware.. because people who have massive fanbases like the old infinity ward developers are making console exclusive games for it. He even donated what 10k for the project himself?

It might not be as big or ever will as PS4/720 but there is certainly a niche for this type of platform. Only if it was for the reason it allows far more room. And indie developers have a good platform finally. Something they didnt really have previously..

About the forum:

I think some areas could use an improvement like icons, username colors etc.
For the rest it looks good and you are the first to the show, so if you can keep up with news etc. and get the people from ouya to reckognize you you could have a nice basis Smile

Quote:There is only one game announced for Ouya with no real details ... really, I'm not sure what you're going to discuss.
Talk about games that could be released on such a console. And with cloud gaming nothing is really impossible..
Whether or not it'll be vaporware, I think it's a good idea. I haven't heard of it until now, but I'm behind with a lot of gaming stuff these days anyway.

Opening a forum for it this early isn't so bad - but I wouldn't be showcasing it or advertising it at all until it's 100% ready to go. Even though you have a unique niche right now, you can be sure there will be many of these forums popping up closer to and after launch.

So to set your forum apart from the many that will likely spring up, use this time to make yours unique before anyone else gets the jump on you. Since I'm not really sure what Ouya is, I can't really give specific feedback in that area. I do, however, recommend reading through brad-t's MyBB Humanization Project topic and doing a few of those things that suit your niche.

After customizing your forum software, start customizing it with more specific and related Ouya stuff. Then start adding content, followed by showcasing.

But like I said, it's a good idea. You just gotta work with it a little more.
@Charlie Hadden, anori

Thank you guys. It looks like the theme didn't gain to many fans... so I'm thinking I'll go with Unova from Audentio, as it's a nice sleek looking theme and that's really what I think of when I think of the Ouya.

@Tecca Thank you. Big Grin

I hadn't seen that thread by Brad before, but it has a lot of good ideas, and once I change the theme (like I said above I think I'm going to go with Unova, then I'll try some of the ideas in the thread.

And thank you again every one.
Pages: 1 2