MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI all,

I'm having trouble setting up publiclly joinable user groups on my forums. I'm using my forums to lease projects with friends and colleagues, and different users require differebt levels of Access. I thought that Publicllay joinable groups would be the perfect way to manage this. I did this once before, and the groiups i created, appeared on the registration page, under 'Membership Level' i have subsequently deleted, these user groups, and created other ones. Now on the registration page, the old user groups appear, but the new ones do not. The new groups appear under 'Group Subscriptions in the User CP, and to all appearances the old ones do not exist at all.

What gives?

Am i jst doing something wrong, or might this be a bug?

any help appreciated.

Shadowbourne
Your "Membership level" box must have been some sort of modification, plugin or custom profile field - we do not provide that sort of functionality out of the box.

Please check to see if you have any of the above mentioned items relating to the "membership level" feature.
The only mods i have installed are;

Welcome Message Mod, Mouse Over Thread Preview, and Portal Redirect ( which is disabled)

I honestly don't get it, i have no idea how this field got there.

if it helps my forums are at [removed by me Wink] so you can have a look for yourself

EDIT: Yay Solved it! It was a custom profile field i'd added then forgotten about, sorted i now.