MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Impossible to edit signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Since a few time (I suppose after the migration from 1.6.6 to 1.6.8), I can't edit my signature anymore (neither on a test account or on my administrator account). The feature doesn't seem to be disabled on the administration panel.

My forum is http://jeuweb.org and a test account is available with credentials example/example.

How could I get it back?

Thanks.
http://www.jeuweb.org/usercp.php?action=editsig

If you access that page you should be able to edit your signature there. If so, then it's only a matter of restoring the link to that page in the templates.
Nop I can't.

Quote:Vous n'avez pas la permission d'accéder à cette page. C'est peut-être lié à une des raisons suivantes :
Votre compte a été suspendu, ou ne peut plus accéder à cette ressource.
Vous n'avez pas la permission d'accéder à cette page. Êtes-vous en train d'essayer d'accéder à une page réservée à l'Administration, ou dont l'accès est contrôlé ? Consultez les règles du forum pour voir si vous êtes autorisé à consulter cette page.
Votre compte est en attente de validation, ou de modération. (Renvoyer l'email d'activation)
Vous êtes connecté avec le nom d'utilisateur : '{1}'

None of the reasons seems valid since I am administrator. Sad
Check all the usergroups permissions to see if they have permission to edit their signature. Including the admin's.
Just by re-saving the form (without any change) for "users and permissions" tab of a given group give back the ability to change the signature (whereas this specific item was already checked).

I noticed some french translations are missing. I checked the name attribute of the check box to know the role of the check boxes.

So the problem is solved but this behavior is really weird : do you have an idea about what happened?

Thanks!
I would check for any missing language files. That's usually the reason why some pieces of text are not showing up.
I think so. What is the recommended way to patch the forum with fresh translation files?
Do you know why the permission wasn't there despite the box was checked?
Just download your language pack again and re-upload it. Take note of any changes you may have made.