MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS missing Author field in 1.2 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't search for RSS because it's not 4 letters, so I appologize if this has been brought up before.

But, I can't seem to find the author field in the RSS Syndication anymore.

I have my old forums in another directory, and although nothing really works on it, I can still get my old RSS feeds and they DO have the author field.

Is there a setting I need to adjust to get this back?

Thanks
The RSS feed generator was re-coded for 1.2, and for some reason, the author field got lost. I dunno if it was intentional or not.

You should be able to get it back by modifying syndication.php.

Find this line...
"title" => $thread['subject'],

Then add this after it...

"author" => $thread['username'],
great, thanks a bunch. Smile
According to RSS 2.0 specifications, the author field requires an email address. For security reasons this can't be included within the RSS feeds.

Our next release will contain the <dc:creator> tag which specifies the author name.
surfi, the current class_feedgeneration.php already supports <dc:creator> Toungue

The problem is that syndication.php doesn't pass the username to the feed generator.
WDZ Wrote:surfi, the current class_feedgeneration.php already supports <dc:creator> Toungue

The problem is that syndication.php doesn't pass the username to the feed generator.
Ah good, I knew I wouldn't have forgot to add something as important to that to the RSS generation class.

I'll get it fixed up for the next version then.