MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Efficient way of adding form values in database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have built and inquiry form, which has 22 text fields, 10 radio buttons, 2 check boxes, and 3 textareas. I want to store them in database but don't want to make 37 columns in a single table, is there any other way ?
Well, what kind of data are you wanting to store? It's hard to tell you more without knowing more if you see what I mean.
data contains, name, hobbies, address, mobile number, email address and other etc etc
You could always serialize (or json encode) it and store it in a single column if you don't care about searching through it.
i want to retrieve the data into the same form to show the user as submitted form, can it be accomplished with that?
Why not just create the 37 columns, its not going to be an issue is it ? And why are you against doing that ?
making 37 columns is an issue :p with php my admin
I hate to code much Big Grin
(2012-07-25, 12:05 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]making 37 columns is an issue :p with php my admin
I hate to code much Big Grin

Why is it an issue with phpmyadmin? If you hate to code much, why not get someone else to do it lol
(2012-07-25, 12:22 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it an issue with phpmyadmin? If you hate to code much, why not get someone else to do it lol
If any one can do it free of cost , he is welcome Smile lol
Lazy to code? That's bad, if you're passionate about something, give 100% to it or just don't. Hardly takes a minute or two.
Pages: 1 2